insurance and Billing
Contracts have been negotiated with:
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Access Health Benefit Solutions (self funded or third party administrator)
- Cigna – Great West
- Connecticut General Life Ins. – a subsidiary of Cigna
- Golden Rule (UHC)
- Medicaid- Colorado / Health First Colorado
- Medicaid - Utah
- Multiplan (PHCS)
- United Healthcare (UHC)
- Tricare / TriWest
We work hard to make sure you are covered. Please review our list of contracted insurance providers to see if your insurance will work with Bloomin' Babies Birth Center.
Has your healthcare changed this year? Need information on common healthcare terms? Check out our healthcare insurance terms here.
If we do not have a contract with your insurance carrier your actual out-of-pocket expenses may be less by birthing at the birth center than at a hospital. Please contact your health insurer to review prenatal, labor and delivery, and post-partum care costs at a hospital and at a birth center.
After the initial registration fee of $250 (less if paid in full at your first appointment), the birth center package costs around $8000. The package includes all prenatal care, labor and delivery, facility fee, and post partum care. The average non complicated hospital birth costs $10,000 to $12,000 or more with an additional $3,000 to $5,000 for physician fees. You have the choice of where you want to spend your healthcare dollars.
If you do not have insurance, or do not want to bill insurance, or want to pre-pay in-full prior to delivery, we are happy to explore payment plan options with you.
Please call 970-549-1711 and ask for Dick Kandiko or email him at
Our fees include:
- Routine prenatal visits
- The birth (includes waterbirth and herbal bath afterwards if desired)
- The facility fee
- Postpartum care for you
- Well baby care
- Midwife care and attention at prenatal visits, during labor and delivery, and post-partum follow-ups:
- Phone call 24 hours after delivery to check on you and the new baby
- Postpartum follow-up visit at 48 hours and two weeks after delivery with a Registered Nurse (RN) or midwife
- Six week follow-up visit with a midwife (does not include PAP test or contraception)
More billing questions?
We are happy to answer them!
Please contact Dick Kandiko at 970-549-1711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.